Who doesn’t like to relax around the holidays watching Christmas movies and celebrating with festive snacks and drinks? I know I do! This year I asked some of my blogger friends to share some of their Favorite Christmas Movies & Vegan Treats!
I thought I’d add my favorites before I got started. This year Matt and I will be digging into my tasty Snickerdoodle Cookie Dip and drinking some Gingerbread Hot Chocolate from Moose Mugs while watching our favorite movie Christmas Vacation.
And now on to my awesome blogger friends:
1. Amy from Veggies Save the Day thinks Scrooged is always a fun movie to watch while she’s nibbling from her Christmas Tree Cheese Platter! I totally agree! How cute is that cheese tree?
2. Mel from A Virtual Vegan, who is originally from England, says Love Actually is her favourite Christmas movie and she’ll be enjoying it with Yerba Mate Chai tea and her Pine Needle Shortbread Cookies on Boxing Day afternoon. I didn’t even know you could eat pine needles – so festive!
3. Sarah from Fried Dandelions is a girl after my own heart with her treat & movie! She says every year on Christmas Eve, after they finally get the boys to bed, she and her husband watch A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas while they wrap presents until the wee hours of the morning! She has a “few” Eggnog Latte Martinis while they work!
4. Jenn from Veggie Inspired Journey loves to watch A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve (on repeat!). She’ll be doing that while eating these awesome Vegan Toffee Bars, which are a tradition on her side of the family. I watch that movie all night as well!
5. Becky from Glue and Glitter says she’ll be enjoying her favorite Christmas movie Elf and her Mulled Cider. I’ll totally go with the spiked version!
6. Cadry from Cadry’s Kitchen says her favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol. She really loves 3 versions of it: the one with George C. Scott, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Mickey’s Christmas Carol. The story speaks to how all of us are capable of change – no matter where we are in life. While she watches, she’ll be snacking on crackers slathered with Jalapeno Cashew Cheese. The Muppet version is my favorite!
7. My friend Kimmy from Rock My Vegan Socks says her absolute favorite holiday movie to watch is Home Alone 2, Lost in New York while snacking on some of her delicious Chocolate Peppermint Bark! She says they movie is kind of silly, but she has always really loved it. How cute is she!?
8. Dianne from Dianne’s Kitchen favorite movie is also Love Actually. She’ll be watching that while sipping on some of her tasty Mulled Wine! I had mulled Christmas wine when when I visited Germany so I’m totally making this to reminisce.
9. My lovely friend Melissa from Vegan Huggs has a big list of Christmas movies, but the one that she loves most is The Family Man. It has a simple, yet powerful message that melts her heart every year. Her and the family will be digging into to her Vegan Thumbprint Cookies! Another movie I haven’t seen so another one add to the list before Christmas.
10. Ginny from A Vegan in the Freezer is also a classics lover. Her favorite is Miracle on 34th Street where Natalie Woods is a little girl. She’ll be sipping on some wine and enjoying her Bell Pepper Bruschetta Crostini – yum!
11. Julie from Running in a Skirt says her favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas and she’ll be watching with her Vegan Peppermint Ice Cream. I’ve never seen White Christmas but if Julie says it’s good, I’m watching this week!
12. I’m going to end with my friend Randi’s (Beautifully Bohemian) favorites. She chose her Classic Dairy Free Cocoa Fudge and the movie It’s a Wonderful Life. She says “it’s a movie that I never want to miss during Christmastime. Having lost friends and family to suicide in the past, the struggle of George Bailey is more than real in our home. Watching this every year reminds me that miracles DO happen, sometimes in a way we
cannot even fathom. When I see George transform from stressed father/banker to grateful servant, I can’t help but cry every. single. time. Truly we have SO MUCH to be grateful for, even if our paths take a different turn than expected. Our lives, no matter how hard at times, are gifts to be honored each and every day. May you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas:)”. Thanks so much Randi for your beautiful words!
A big thanks to all my blogger friends for sharing a part of their Christmas celebrations with us!
12 Christmas Recipes & Favorite Christmas Movies from vegan bloggers!Click To Tweet
What about you? What are your Favorite Christmas Movies & Vegan Treats?
*All movie pictures from Movie Poster Shop.