Mary Ellen Valverde is a Certified Nutrition Specialist® and a Licensed Nutritionist who specializes in plant-based nutrition. She is passionate about empowering her clients to feel confident in creating sustainable and healthy habits that align with their vegan values and health goals.
Mary Ellen originally moved to a vegan diet because of her love of animals but, during her transition, she noticed how much better she began to feel. By swapping processed food and animal products for real, plant-based foods, her health greatly increased. After feeling energized from a plant-powered diet, Mary Ellen decided to pursue a master’s degree in Human Nutrition to truly understand the role food plays in our health.
Connect with her at @v.nutrition on Instagram.
CREDENTIALS & EDUCATION
Master of Science, Human Nutrition | University of Bridgeport
Certified Nutrition Specialist | Board of Certified Nutrition Specialists
Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist |Maryland Board of Dietetic Practice
Functional Nutrition Resident | Sandy Hook Clinic, Dr. Kara Fitzgerald
Master of Information & Library Science | Rutgers University
Bachelor of Arts, English | Saint Joseph's University
Certified Holistic Health Coach | Institute for Integrative Nutrition
Board Certified & Accredited Health Counselor | American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- VegNews: 10 Vegan Recipes to Make this Weekend and Eat All Week Long
- Greatist: One-Pot Pasta Recipes
- Livestrong: Low-Calorie Smoothie Bowls
- Dr. Axe: Tempeh: A Fermented Soybean with Many Probiotic Benefits
- The Beet: The 7 Best Plant-Based Staples to Keep On Hand Now, According to Nutritionists
- The Healthy: 10 Herbs That Can Help Ease Stress
- Live Kindly: Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes
- Parade: 20 Hearty Vegan and Vegetarian Casseroles, 40 Irresistible Savory Vegan Comfort Food Recipes, Make Ditching Dairy Easy With These Awesome Vegan Dairy Substitutes
- Toast Fried: 14 Healthiest Food Blogs
- Tasty: Best Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
- Brit + Co: Warm Vegan Drinks and Vegetarian Buffalo Dishes
- Buzzfeed: Best Vegan Air Fryer Recipes, Superbowl Pary Recipes
- Reader’s Digest: Tofu Recipes Meat Eaters will Love
- Yahoo: Dia del los Muertos Recipes
She was also recognized as one of the Top 50 Plant-Based Food Blogs of 2021.
Mary Ellen has been a guest on podcasts speaking on a number of plant-based nutrition topics. If you'd like to have her on your show, contact her to discuss topics and dates!