This Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup is the perfect soup to warm you on chilly nights! It’s filling yet healthy with the addition of the beans and coconut milk.
When the weather gets chilly, nothing warms me like a big bowl of soup. I dream of soup when I’m out in the cold.
I can picture myself on my couch all wrapped up in blankets sipping on some hot soup with my pups at my side. Nothing beats that kind of day.
An Easy and Quick Cozy Meal
My Roasted Tomato and Chickpea Soup recipe came together out of necessity. It was cold and I needed some soup to warm me ASAP. Looking around, I found I had a can of chickpeas, roasted tomatoes and coconut milk on hand…but that was about it.
I figured the chickpeas would make the soup nice and thick. I’m so glad for my bare pantry that day because this has become one of my favorite soups!
I usually make a pot of this soup at least 1-2 times a month because it’s so easy and tasty. I can make it on a Sunday for dinner and then have leftovers to take to work for a few days. I serve it with some nice toasted bread and I’m all set!
Reasons why my Roasted Tomato and Chickpea Soup is one of my favorite recipes:
- ready in about 20 minutes
- healthy (good carbs, protein, fat)
- great to take leftovers to work (like I share in my Vegan Meal Planning)
- creamy without the cream
- totally delicious!
Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup Nutrition
Nutritionally this meal provides a nice serving of protein and carbs from the chickpeas and healthy fat from the coconut milk. After having a bowl of my Roasted Tomato and Chickpea Soup, I’m totally full (which I can’t say I feel after having other soups).This #vegan Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup is the perfect soup to warm you on chilly nights!Click To Tweet
Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup
This Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup is the perfect soup to warm you on chilly nights! It's filling yet healthy with the addition of the beans and coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- dash of salt and pepper
- dash of chili pepper flakes (or more if you like things spicy)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- dollop of vegan sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and add onion and cook for a few minutes until browned.
- Add all the spices and lemon juice and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add roasted tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk, and broth and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend till smooth (you may have to do this in two batches). If the soup too thick for your liking add a bit more veggie broth until you get the consistency you enjoy.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and some parsley.
Nutrition info does not include toppings.
You may also enjoy...