Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
This Easy Vegan Pasta Salad comes together so quickly. It's perfect when you need a healthy and tasty dish to bring to a cookout, BBQ, or potluck. It can be made ahead of time for a fast and delicious gluten-free dinner or lunch.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 8 oz gluten free pasta (or regular pasta if not gluten-free)
- 2.5 cups spinach (feel free to add more!)
- 2-3 TB vegetable broth
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 10 - 12 sun-dried tomatoes soaked in hot water for 5 mins if too hard
- .25 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup kalamata or black olives chopped
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 3 TB olive oil (more if needed - evoo is heart healthy!)
- 1 lemon juiced
Cook pasta to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, add a few tablespoons of veggie broth or water to large pan/skillet . Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
Put sun-dried tomatoes and basil in food processor and pulse till chopped. You don't want to do it too much to make it into a paste, you just want it chopped.
Drain and rinse chickpeas and put in large bowl along with the cooked spinach, olives, and sun-dried tomato/basil mixture.
When pasta is done rinse with cold water and add to the bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
Season with salt and pepper.
The salad will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 13.5g | Fat: 9g | Fiber: 9g | Vitamin A: 2900IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 11.3mg