Butternut Squash Noodle Bowl
This Butternut Squash Noodle Bowl is easy to make and a healthy meal for dinnertime. It's gluten-free and creamy without the dairy. This warming bowl is the perfect for those chilly nights when you need some comfort food!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 TB olive oil (a few TB of veggie broth if you do use oil)
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 2 c butternut squashed baked*
- 1 TB tamari or soy sauce if not gf
- 4 oz rice noodles
- 16 oz non-GMO baked tofu cubed*
- 2 c spinach
- 4 tsp sambal oelek (Asian hot sauce)
- 4 tsp black and/or white sesame seeds
Cook noodles until they are just shy of al dente and set aside.
Meanwhile, add olive oil, onion and garlic to pan and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add onion & garlic along with veggie broth, butternut squash and tamari to a blender and blend until smooth.
Transfer the sauce to a large saute pan/pot and bring to a boil.
Lower heat to medium/low, add rice noodles, and cook the noodles to your liking. If the noodles soak up more of the sauce than you'd like, feel free to add a little more veggie broth to make things saucier.
Add to bowls, top with spinach, tofu, sambal oelek, and sesame seeds.
Stir and serve immediately.
- I baked my butternut squash the day before by cubing it and baking for 30 mins at 400 degrees. You can also substitute pre-cooked frozen butternut squash that is heated in the microwave.
- For baking tofu: I use a 16 oz block, press the water out, season with tamari and garlic powder, then bake for 20 minutes on 400 degrees.
- If you want, bake them at the same time!
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin A: 28400IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 410mg | Iron: 10.4mg