Easy Vegan Mushroom Risotto (A 10 Minute Recipe!)
This Easy Vegan Mushroom Risotto saves so much time by using pre-cooked rice and creamy hummus. It’s an easy and healthy meal when you need dinner on the table fast.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (or veg broth if you're not using oil)
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 cups mushrooms (I used shiitake & oyster but feel free to use your favorites)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth divided in 2
- 1 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 TB tamari (or soy sauce if not gf)
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 cups pre-cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup plain hummus
Heat oil in large saute pan/pot, add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes until onion is translucent. If using veggie broth instead of oil, add enough broth to just cover the bottom of the pan and add more if needed.
Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup of veggie broth and cook until mushrooms are done (about 5 minutes).
Add another 1/4 cup of veggie broth, nutritional yeast, tamari, and lemon juice and stir.
Add rice and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
Turn off heat and stir in hummus.
Top with fresh parsley and Vegan Parmesan
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.4mg