This Easy Vegan Mushroom Risotto saves so much time by using pre-cooked rice and creamy hummus. It’s an easy and healthy meal when you need dinner on the table fast.
I’ll be honest with you, I’ve never been that into cooking. Are you now thinking “girl, then what are you doing with a blog focused on vegan recipes?”. Well, I realized the only way to stay healthy is to cook for myself. By cooking most of my own meals, I know exactly what’s going into them. Don’t get my wrong, if a fabulous chef decided she/he wanted to cook healthy and delicious vegan food for me daily, I’d be all over it but that’s not going to happen so I do it for myself.
Lucky for me, I love creating recipes (maybe not always cooking them) and I enjoy finding fun and easier ways to create some of my old pre-vegan favorites. I also love sharing these recipes with others in case they’re looking for the same thing.
A 10 Minute Risotto… Really?
Yes… kind of. Okay maybe it’s not exactly risotto but my dish is creamy and tasty and I bet if you told people you cooked this risotto for an hour they would probably believe you. I usually don’t have an hour to keep an eye on risotto like you would traditionally do so I came up with a little hack to mimic the creaminess of risotto using hummus at the very end.
Easy Vegan Mushroom Risotto
I know! How awesome is hummus? I’ve been doing this for years and realized I need to share this with you so you can have some tasty easy vegan mushroom risotto in no time as well. If you’ve read my Vegan Meal Planning post, you know I pre-cook the rice at the beginning of the week so all I have to do is cook up some onion and mushrooms, heat up the rice and add some hummus and I have a yummy and healthy meal on the table in 10 minutes!10 Minute Vegan Mushroom Risotto - perfect for a busy weekday when you need a quick dinner! Click To Tweet
Serves Serves 4
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms (I used shiitake & oyster but feel free to use your favorites)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, divided in 2
- 1 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 TB tamari (or soy sauce if not gf)
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 cups pre-cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup plain hummus
- Toppings: parsley and Vegan Parmesan
- Heat oil in large saute pan/pot, add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup of veggie broth and cook until mushrooms are done (about 5 minutes).
- Add another 1/4 cup of veggie broth, nutritional yeast, tamari, and lemon juice and stir.
- Add rice and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Turn off heat and stir in hummus.
- Top with fresh parsley and Vegan Parmesan
You may also enjoy…
Like my Vegan Mushroom Risotto recipe? It would be so wonderful if you could give it some love by sharing!