EASY & TASTY GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN MEALS TO HAVE YOU FEELING YOUR BEST
- You’re interested in adding more plant-based foods to your life – for the animals and your health.
- You’re not someone who wants to spend hours in the kitchen. You need tasty food without too much hassle – you’ve got other stuff to do.
- You want recipes the whole family will enjoy – healthy meals that will have everyone asking for more.
- You’re not into restrictive diets – you want good food that nourishes the body…but some oil and a treat now and then doesn’t hurt.
I understand. I’ve been there too. And I’m here to help!
Hi, I’m Mary Ellen. A Licensed Nutritionist who empowers vegans to feel confident creating healthy habits that align with their values and health goals. At VNutrition, you’ll find easy plant-powered meals that nourish your body + satisfy your tastebuds.
Mary Ellen’s Nutrition Journey
Imagine not having to eat vegetables when you were a kid. Well, that’s exactly how I grew up. My mom didn’t like to cook and she definitely hated vegetables with a passion, so most of my diet was filled with pasta, microwave dinner, takeout, and soda (which was totally fine with me and my sister).
We’d have bowls of pasta with jarred tomato sauce or mac & cheese (my fav) and plop in front of the TV while we ate every night. The only time I ever had to eat vegetables was when I went to my Nana’s house or visited a friend for dinner (where I tried to feed the veggies to her dog).
Throughout high school and college, I struggled with digestion issues to the point that it was normal for me to feel bad after eating. My “tummy trouble” (as my family affectionately started calling it) was constant and even after seeing a number of doctors about it, I still did not have any answers.
After a number of years, I decided to go vegan because I’ve always loved animals. So I stopped consuming meat, cheese, milk, and eggs and immediately a weight was lifted.
I felt a LOT better taking out the animal-based products from my diet (both mentally and physically) BUT I still wasn’t feeling 100%. Turns out, just taking the chicken nuggets and replacing them with vegan chick’n nuggets, dairy pizza with vegan pizza and keeping all that other processed food in wasn’t cutting it.
I finally understood what the missing piece was – PLANTS! I needed real foods in my diet in order to thrive.
Instead of focusing on processed replacements for animal products, I started incorporating real plant-based foods such as vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats.
With my new lifestyle, I felt better than I had in years so I wanted to share my love of plant-based foods. I created VNutrition to show that eating a plant-based can be both easy and tasty. The V in VNutrition is for both “vegan” and my last name Valverde.
And after healing myself through a plant-powered diet and sharing my recipes with the world, I decided to go back to school and invest in my education to truly understand the role food plays in our health.
I earned my master’s degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport. After graduating, I completed a vigorous functional nutrition residency at the prestigious Sandy Hook Clinic with Dr. Kara Fitzgerald, a leader in Functional Medicine. I am a Certified Nutrition Specialist ® (CNS), the gold standard for advanced nutrition professionals, and a Licensed Nutritionist.
Check out my Professional Bio for more info.
Here are a few more things about me if you’d like to get to know me even better…
- I am extremely passionate about helping people feel their best because I understand what it’s like to struggle with health
- I consider myself a vegan mac & cheese connoisseur
- I am obsessed with all animals, especially my two sweet angel-faced shih tzus, Firenze & Sophie
- I’m not ashamed to say I love me some murder mysteries (Agatha Christie’s my girl)
- Even when I’m on vacation, I’m planning my next vacation #wanderlust
- I love all sparkly/shiny/glittery things. I wish nifflers were real because I think we’d get along well
- The Miami Dolphins make me cry (Hootie knows)
So, are you ready to get started on your plant-powered journey?
Then be sure to check out my:
- FREE Vegan Made Easy Guide
- Tasty & healthy Vegan Recipes everyone will love
- Products & Programs to help you make vegan living easier
- 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for personalized support