Have yourself a quick and healthy breakfast with this simple tofu scramble which can be ready in about 10 minutes!
A perfect Saturday morning for me starts with an early morning run, then a long walk with my pups, and then (hopefully Matt) cooking us a delicious tofu scramble.
One of the reasons I love a tofu scramble for breakfast is it can be so easy to make. You can have one ready in about 10 minutes.
I remember doing a little cooking lesson with my cousin who was interested in adding a few meatless meals to her week. I showed her how to make my Buffalo Quinoa Balls and then we moved onto a tofu scramble.
She couldn’t believe how quick the whole tofu scramble process was. When I was done she said, “that’s it?” and I replied, “yes, that’s how easy a vegan breakfast can be!” – needless to say, she was impressed.
Easy Tofu Scramble
Tofu scrambles can be very versatile. The recipe below includes some of the basics I use often but you can use any veggies that you have on hand. All you need is a block of firm tofu, veggies, and a few spices.
Because they’re so easy to make, sometimes I’ll do a double batch and have extra for a tasty and healthy breakfast to bring to work.
Tofu is protein-packed and contains a high dose of calcium and iron – just be sure to use a non-GMO and organic type. Depending on the veggies you use you’ll get different vitamins and phytochemicals.
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Simple Tofu Scramble
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 block of firm organic tofu in water drained (and pressed for a few minutes if possible)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 package of mushrooms (10 oz), chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1.5 cup fresh spinach
- A bit of water or veggie broth (if needed)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of paprika (optional)
- Heat 1 TB of oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, mushrooms, and pepper until cooked (about 5-8 mins).
- Crumple the tofu into pan, add spices, and a little water/veggie broth when necessary so nothing sticks to the bottom. Cook until heated through (about 3-5 mins).
- Once tofu is heated, add spinach and heat through.
You may also enjoy…
Like my Simple Tofu Scramble recipe? It would be so wonderful if you could give it some love by sharing!
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who helps vegans find ways to make mealtimes easier (and healthier).
When she’s not creating new recipes for her blog, you can find Mary Ellen doting on her two shih tzus or exploring the world with her husband.