This vegan baked pumpkin oatmeal is a tasty and healthy breakfast option. Full of pumpkin goodness, it’s perfect for fall or anytime you want a delicious warm breakfast.
Yes, I’m one of those “pumpkin people”. As soon as I feel a hint of fall in the air, all I think about is pumpkin; pumpkin pasta, pancakes, lattes, ice cream, pumpkin mac and cheese – basically anything that you can make pumpkin-flavored, I’m in. Who’s with me?
To start off my 3-month pumpkin obsession (it’s only 3 months because the day after Thanksgiving, I’m totally pumpkin-ed out), I’m sharing one of my favorite and simple breakfasts for fall: my vegan baked pumpkin oatmeal.
Why Bake Oatmeal?
It’s weird how much I like my baked pumpkin oatmeal because I’m actually not the biggest fan of regular oatmeal. I noticed that when I bake it though, I really enjoy it.
My friend actually came up with this idea after I was complaining how much I wanted to like regular oatmeal but just couldn’t get over the texture. She said, why not heat the oatmeal in a different way like baking it so it’s more firm? And it worked for me!
If you’re not into regular oatmeal either, I hope you try this because it’s more like a cake than oatmeal.
Vegan Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
When I have extra time in the mornings before work, I’ll mix my ingredients at home and then bring my little bowl of oatmeal to work and bake it in the toaster over so it’s nice and warm.
The weeks when I know I’m going to have busy mornings, I’ll bake a few of these puppies Sunday afternoon (usually during halftime of my Dolphin’s game) and then have them ready for the week. They would be great snacks for lunch boxes as well!
Other reasons this vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is awesome:
- Nothing says Fall like pumpkin
- Oats are a good source of fiber as well as protein, carbohydrates, and iron
- Pumpkin adds a nice hit of vitamin A
- Nut butter gives us protein and healthy fats
- It’s easy to pre-make and reheat
If you make this Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- a pinch salt
- a pinch baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree or mashed of roasted pumpkin
- 1 TB of nut butter (I like almond or cashew)
- 4 tbs dairy free milk
- 1/2 a ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional Toppings: nuts, nut butter, maple syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients (through pumpkin pie spice) together in small bowl and then add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix again.
- Add mixture to 2 small oven-safe ramekins for smaller portions or 1 larger oven-safe bowl for a large portion.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
Like my Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe? You might also enjoy…
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who empowers vegans to feel confident creating sustainable habits that align with their values and health goals. She shares easy plant-powered food to nourish your body + satisfy your tastebuds. Mary Ellen’s recipes and nutrition info have been featured on Yahoo News, Parade, VegNews, LIVESTRONG, Dr. Axe, Greatist, LIVEKINDLY, Brit+Co, Well+Good, and more. She lives in NJ with her husband & two sweet shih tzus, Firenze & Sophie.