This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is so easy to make yet so tasty. Toss it with pasta for your loved ones and have a special dinner ready in about 15 minutes!
Valentine’s Day is so close and I feel like I dropped the ball on planning something for dinner Matt this year (I’m making him some Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats for breakfast so at least I have that going for me). Not that we do anything elaborate for Valentine’s Day – I don’t like flowers and chocolate isn’t always vegan – but I like to do at least a little something special for him. I wanted a dish I could make quickly but that still said “love” so I figured a red meal would do the trick.
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Tomato sauce, while tasty, just seemed a little boring for Valentine’s Day so I went with red peppers. My Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is made with just a few basic ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes to make (depending on how fast you chop onions). Throw the sauce on some pasta, top with some fresh parsley and my vegan parmesan and you’re ready for a tasty Valentine’s Day dinner the whole family can enjoy.
This vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is ready in 15 minutes! Make some for a loved one tonight!Click To Tweet
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 TB olive or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (12 oz) of roasted red peppers in water
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (I used cashew)
- 2 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Some of my Vegan Parmesan
- Add oil, onion and garlic to a sauce/saute pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Drain red peppers but keep the liquid.
- Chop 1/4 cup of red peppers and add to pan with onion and garlic.
- Blend rest of red peppers along with the liquid in blender until smooth.
- Add red pepper liquid into pan along with milk, nutritional yeast, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta and top with parsley and my vegan parm cheese.
You may also like…
This week I’m linking up for Meat Free Mondays with Tinned Tomatoes.
Like my Roasted Red Pepper Sauce recipe? It would be so wonderful if you could give it some love by sharing!