This creamy and easy peanut sauce can be used in so many ways – as a sauce for spring rolls, as a dressing for bowls or grains, or dip for appetizers. It’s delicious and so quick to make you’ll think of a dozen reasons to keep some in the fridge at all times.
Quick sauces can be so important when you’re short on time. I know I always keep a few dressings and sauces on hand when I need to get dinner on the table fast.
Today I’m sharing another quick sauce that is very versatile – my easy peanut sauce.
Easy Peanut Sauce
This easy peanut sauce is based on countless peanut sauces that I’ve had at restaurants over the years. I loved it so much when I’m dining out that I made my own healthy version to have at home any time I need it.
The sauce is gluten-free, takes 5 minutes to make, and contains everyday ingredients you probably already have right in your kitchen (especially if you’ve stock your kitchen with my Vegan Kitchen Staples).
Basically you’re just throwing some ingredients into a bowl and whisking it up – easy, peasy! I also love that it’s healthier than many store-bought sauces that can have fillers, gluten, and added sugar.
A Sauce with So Much Variety
So you might be asking yourself, how can I use the easy peanut sauce?
There are so many ways to use this sauce! Here are just a few uses:
- as a dressing for a slaw or salad (like my Spiralized Thai Salad)
- as dip for spring rolls or rice paper spring rolls
- as a sauce for Buddha bowls (rice, veggies, tofu)
- as a base for tofu (baked or skewers)
- in some noodle bowls (you could use this sauce instead of my spicy sauce in my Spicy Sesame Noodles to make peanut noodles)
- as a sauce for stir fries
If you make this easy peanut sauce recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Share your pictures of any of my recipes on Instagram and use #vnutrition or tag @v.nutrition so I won’t miss it!
Easy Peanut Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- If you're using this as a dressing or want a thinner sauce, add more water until you get the consistency you desire.
- Store in fridge up to 1 week.
Get your FREE Vegan Made Easy Guide!
You might also enjoy:
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist helping people thrive on a plant-powered diet. Mary Ellen offers a completely holistic and science-based approach to designing a healthy, plant-based life.
When she’s not working with clients or creating new meals for her blog, you can find Mary Ellen doting on her two rescue shih tzus, creating the perfect vegan mac & cheese, or exploring the world with her husband.