These Vampire Bite Cupcakes are perfect for Halloween or watching your favorite scary movies. Filled with strawberry jam, they'll scare everyone that takes a bite!
Halloween is a time for fun treats. And what better way to celebrate than with some Vampire Bite Cupcakes that are fun for both adults and kids alike?
I kept these treats simple and only did little bite marks - I feel they're almost scarier that way.
These vampire cupcakes are an ode to my beloved vampires. They're the only "monster" that I've always been fascinated with. For some reason, Vampires seem alluring and mysterious - more of a cool killer which for some reason is better than Jason or Freddy Kruger.
I love Interview with a Vampire, The Lost Boys, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and of course the Twilight movies. I even took the photos with a sparkly background because I love how vampires sparkle in the sunlight in the Twilight series.
Vampire Bite Cupcake Filling
People often wonder, what's that inside the cupcakes?
Blood? Nah, it's just strawberry jam. I actually put my Strawberry Chia Jam in the middle of these vampire cupcakes and when you take a bite, all the strawberry goodness comes out too!
Using my chia jam rather than store-bought brands will take the high fructose corn syrup and artificial additives out of this recipe.
Other Halloween Recipes
You might find me watching a few other Halloween shows that are more my speed such as It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, The Worst Witch, Monster Squad, Beetlejuice, and maybe even a little Hocus Pocus.
If you want some other tasty vegan food for this fall season or some vegan Halloween recipes, check out my:
- Sweet Pumpkin Hummus
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- Butternut Squash Curry
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (another hit with the kiddos)
Plus check out my roundup of 30+ Spooky & Fun Vegan Halloween Recipes which include snacks, dinners, and sweet treats.
And if you're looking for another fun cupcake recipe, check out my Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes.
While you brave souls watch other really scary movies, I'll be having a few of these vampire cupcakes and will be watching my favorite vampire movies.
If you make this Vampire Bite Cupcake recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Vampire Bite Cupcakes
- 1 cup almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour (see notes for gluten-free option)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ - ½ cup strawberry jam (or store-bought brand)
- Vegan vanilla icing of choice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Combine milk and apple cider vinegar, put to the side and let sit.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- Add all the ingredients together and whisk until smooth.
- Bake cupcakes for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- After cupcakes have cooled, cut a little hole at the top of each, add a teaspoon of jam into the hole and place the top part of the cupcake back on top.
- Ice the cupcakes.
- Take a straw and poke 2 holes at the top of the cupcakes.
- Mix a tiny bit of water with some jam so it's more fluid, then drip jam out of holes to look like blood.
PLEASE NOTE: Nutritional information data is computer generated and only an estimate so it should be used only as a guide.
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who empowers vegans to feel clear and confident about what is uniquely nourishing to them. Mary Ellen's recipes and nutrition information have been featured on Yahoo News, Parade, VegNews, LIVESTRONG, Dr. Axe, Greatist, LIVEKINDLY, Brit+Co, Well+Good, and more.
I usually don't bake but I will have to try making these. BTW - all the movies you mentioned are my faves as well!
Mary Ellen says
I actually don't bake myself much either but these aren't too hard to do. Yay - movie twins!
I've been trying to avoid dairy, I'm so excited to try these! I just featured this recipe on my Halloween Foods roundup on my blog!
Mary Ellen says
Thank you so much, I'll share! I hope you enjoy if you get a chance.
Hey Mary Ellen! ♥ Thank you so much for being part of my Top 10 Fun & easy Vegan Halloween treats, and helping me to make this the best Halloween ever 🙂
Mary Ellen says
Thanks so much for including me!
Julie @ Running in a Skirt says
These were so much fun! Pinning- thanks for lnking up for #BEstofBlogs