Have your veggie burgers all set for the grill but need some sides to go with them? I’ve got a tasty round up of Vegan Sides for Grilling Season for you!
When the weather gets nice I like to head out of the kitchen and enjoy the sunshine while grilling up some food. Okay so maybe I’m not doing the actual grilling, it’s usually Matt, but I like to go outside with him sip some wine and hang with the pups while he grills us up some nice treats.
And who doesn’t love some grilled vegan food? Today I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite foods for the grill or recipes that complement grilled foods well.
I’ve asked some of my blogger friends to help me out too so you’ll have a variety of vegan sides for grilling season to choose from plus you’ll need dessert after all that grilling so I’ve added a bonus dessert recipe – a grilled banana split!
Throw some veggie burgers on the grill and get ready for some fantastic side dishes and salads to go along with them!
10 Vegan Sides for Grilling Season
1. I’ll start with my new favorite grilled treat, Vegan Stree Fair Corn! This grilled sweet corn is coated with a mixture of vegan cheese and spiced vegan mayo and is utterly delicious! It’s a great way to switch things up from regular grilled corn.
2. Hearts of Palm don’t always get the spotlight but they’re so delicious! This Hearts of Palm Summer Salad from Veggies Save the Day looks like a perfect side for grilling.
3. Who doesn’t love potatoes? These Grilled Baby Potatoes with Rosemary from A Virtual Vegan are such a cool way to cook them – yum!
4. This tasty looking Easy Vegan Broccoli Slaw from Glue and Glitter would be a lovely side dish to all the grilled recipes or you can add it to wraps for a full meal!
5. I used to love potato salad at BBQs and with this Creamy Potato Salad from Vegan Huggs I can finally have it again. How pretty?
6. This Vegan Macaroni Salad from Fried Dandelions looks like a dish the whole family can enjoy. It’s so colorful too!
7. Looking for a new way to cook tempeh? Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen’s Grilled Tempeh Salad with Peaches and Pistachios is the way to do it!
8. The flavors in this Southwest Black Bean Pasta Salad sound wonderful for summer. Plus cumin ranch dressing? Yes, please!
9. If you’re a mushroom lover like me, check out these Grilled Thai Marinated Maitake Mushrooms from Vegan in the Freezer! I could eat a whole bowl.
10. Ramen noodles are good for more than just soup! Switch things up and try them in my easy and colorful Vegan Ramen Noodle Salad which is a perfect side dish for grilling.
BONUS GRILLED DESSERT: Are you ready for dessert yet? Cadry’s Kitchen’s Grilled Banana Split with Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce is the perfect way to end a day of grilling!
[clickToTweet tweet=”You’ll be all set for grilling season with these tasty #vegan side dishes! #vegangrilling” quote=”You’ll be all set for grilling season with these tasty #vegan side dishes! #vegangrilling”]
You may also enjoy…
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who helps clients regain their energy, confidence and health by adapting and enjoying a plant-based diet. By uniting her functional nutrition education with her passion for plants and mindfulness, Mary Ellen offers a completely holistic and science-based approach to designing a healthy, plant-based life. When she’s not reading up on the latest nutrition research, you can find Mary Ellen doting on her two rescue shih tzus, creating the perfect vegan mac & cheese, or exploring the world with her husband.