This Buffalo Soy Curls Salad adds a kick to mealtimes. It’s delicious, easy to make, and filled with plant-based goodness! The soy curls, which can be air fried, pan-fried or baked, are tossed in a simple buffalo sauce. This Vegan Buffalo Chicken salad combines lettuce, carrots, celery, onion, and avocado and is topped with a creamy vegan ranch dressing.
No need to miss your old buffalo chicken salad anymore! This Buffalo Soy Curls Salad will leave your taste buds happy.
This is another recipe (like my Ranch Pasta Salad) that I’ve come up with to show that you don’t have to give up all your favorite foods when going vegan, all you have to do is sub some tasty plant-based alternatives.
Are Soy Curls Healthy?
As I explained in my Best Soy Curls Recipes post, soy curls are non-GMO and grown without chemical pesticides.
Soy curls are not like those faux meats made out of soy protein isolates. They are dehydrated strips soy protein of made out of whole, non-GMO soybeans that are cooked, broken into strands, and then dried.
Where Can I Buy Soy Curls?
I purchase my soy curls online on Amazon but I’ve also found them at my local health food store. I’ve heard other people say they found them at their Whole Foods but I haven’t seen them at mine.
Another option is to order them directly from their manufacturer, Butler Foods.
How Do You Make Buffalo Sauce From Scratch?
Vegan Buffalo sauce is easy to make! All you need is 3 (or 4) ingredients! Simply add these ingredients to a saucepan and heat:
The vegan butter is optional. I enjoy a little fat in the sauce to make it tasty but it’s not necessary. Miyoko’s brand is one of my favorite vegan butters because it’s made with all whole-food ingredients.
How Do You Make the Soy Curls?
There are 3 ways to cook the soy curls depending on what time of equipment you have or what you feel like doing that day.
- Air Fry Them – this is my favorite way to enjoy these soy curls. I love how crispy they get when they’re air-fried. When using an air fryer, “fry” the soy curls for 5 minutes on 380 degrees. Shake the basket, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Bake Them– when baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover baking pan with some oil and bake soy curls for 15 minutes flipping them halfway through.
- Pan Fry Them – when pan-frying, add 1-2 TB of oil to a pan and fry until crispy.
After cooking, pour on that beautiful hot sauce and enjoy on top of your salad!
What else can I do with the vegan Buffalo chicken strips?
If salad isn’t your thing or you just want to switch things up a bit, you can use the vegan Buffalo soy curls in:
Other Veganized Favorite Recipes
Looking for other substitutes for some other pre-vegan favorites? Check these out!
- Mongolian Soy Curls – a remake of the popular PF Chang’s Dish
- Vegan Mac & Cheese – my favorite cheesy vegan dish
- Easy Vegan Chicken Salad – perfect in sandwiches and wraps for quick lunches
Buffalo Soy Curls Salad
- airy fryer (optional)
Buffalo Soy Curls
- 2 cups Butler's soy curls soaked in boiling water for 5-10 minutes
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2½ cups romaine lettuce or other salad greens
- ¾ cup carrots shredded
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- red onion thinly sliced (optional)
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Once the soy curls are done soaking, add them to a strainer and wring out all the water from them.
- In a bowl, mix nutritional yeast, flour, onion powder, garlic powder and poultry seasoning (if using).
- Add soy curls into the bowl and mix to cover the soy curls completely.
- If using an air fryer, cook the soy curls for 10 minutes on 380 degrees, shaking the basket halfway through.
- If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover baking pan with some oil and bake soy curls for 15 minutes flipping them halfway through.
- If pan frying, add 1-2 TB of oil to a pan and fry until crispy.
- While soy curls are cooking, divide the salad ingredients into 4 bowls and set aside.
- Add the vegan ranch dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add hot sauce, vegan butter, garlic powder, and onion powder to a saucepan on low to heat up the sauce.
- When soy curls are cooked, add them to the buffalo sauce pan and mix until fully covered.
- Add soy curls to salad bowls and top with the ranch dressing.
Please Note: The nutritional information is a computer generated estimate so these numbers should be used only as a guide.
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who empowers vegans to feel confident in creating sustainable habits that align with their values and health goals. She shares easy gluten-free plant-powered food to nourish your body + satisfy your tastebuds. Mary Ellen’s recipes and nutrition info have been featured on Yahoo News, Parade, VegNews, LIVESTRONG, Dr. Axe, Greatist, LIVEKINDLY, Brit+Co, Well+Good, and more.