These Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats are the perfect breakfast to treat yourself (or a loved one). Creamy coconut cream replaces the dairy and strawberry chia jam adds the perfect sweetness.
I remember the first time I ever had real strawberries and cream with my mom at afternoon tea at the Plaza Hotel in NYC. I felt so fancy there dipping my strawberries in the cream and it sure was tasty.
After going vegan I’ve been making strawberries and whipped coconut cream (which is just as good as I remember from my Plaza days) but I felt kind of naughty having just that for breakfast. So I thought I’d make something fun yet healthy based on my plaza experience – my Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats.
Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
When I first was thinking about how to make these oats, I couldn’t decide whether to use my whipped cream as the creamy layer or not. I thought people might not want to whip up some coconut cream early in the morning. While I recommend making it if possible (because it is so tasty), I found that vanilla vegan yogurt is a nice substitute.
Although not mandatory, I also really recommend adding my strawberry chia jam to the oats because it really brings it to another strawberry-ness level. You can always make the jam ahead of time because it lasts for a while in the fridge.
In the recipe below I explain how to layer the ingredients to make a parfait but if you’re running short on time, you can add the strawberries and the yogurt with the oats the night before and it will be ready to eat without any hassle in the morning in the morning!
FYI, in the pictures, the middle layer is coconut cream and the top layer is vanilla yogurt – yum!
If you’re looking for another tasty breakfast, be sure to check out my Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats!
If you make this strawberries and cream overnight oats recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Share your pictures of any of my recipes on Instagram and tag @maryellenvalverde so I won’t miss it!
Vegan Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 strawberries , chopped
- a few Tablespoon my whipped coconut cream and or ½ of a container of vanilla vegan yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon strawberry Chia Jam (or vegan jam of choice)
- Add oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract to jar/bowl with lid and place in fridge overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- Mix strawberries into overnight oats (leaving a few to top off the parfait if you’d like).
- To make a parfait like seen in the pictures, layer ½ the overnight oats, then some yogurt or coconut cream, then chia jam (or any vegan jam of choice), then the rest of the oats, then more yogurt or coconut cream and top with more strawberries.
Please Note: The nutritional information is a computer generated estimate so these numbers should be used only as a guide.
Like my strawberries and cream overnight oats recipe? You might also enjoy…
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who empowers vegans to feel confident in creating sustainable habits that align with their values and health goals. She shares easy gluten-free plant-powered food to nourish your body + satisfy your tastebuds. Mary Ellen’s recipes and nutrition info have been featured on Yahoo News, Parade, VegNews, LIVESTRONG, Dr. Axe, Greatist, LIVEKINDLY, Brit+Co, Well+Good, and more.