These Cheesecake Overnight Oats with blueberry and lemon are tart, sweet, and creamy all at the same time. It's a healthy, grab-and-go breakfast you can meal prep for those mornings that you're in a rush! Even better, the flavors are totally customizable.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Weekday mornings usually start with me rolling out of bed at like 5:15, stumbling to get ready, feeding the pups and frantically running out the door. Anyone with me? I know you are (especially if you also have kids thrown in the mix).
Well, guess what? These Cheesecake Overnight Oats are the answer to your morning prayers. This recipe is:
- Wholesome & Nutritious. While this recipe for overnight oats might taste like dessert, it's made without any refined sugar and is loaded with whole grains, fruit, nuts, and seeds.
- Simultaneously Light & Filling. Lemon & blueberry has a distinctly warm weather appeal, especially when served chilled. At the same time, this delightful oatmeal parfait is loaded with fiber-filled whole grains, nutrient-dense blueberries, protein-rich chia seeds, and healthy fat from cashews, meaning it's sure to keep you satisfied till lunchtime.
- Quick & Easy. Perfect for meal prep, these luscious cheesecake-flavored oats take just 20 minutes of prep on the weekend. The morning of, just grab a jar and go! PRO TIP: Make a big batch of these Cheesecake Overnight Oats ahead of time and be set for the whole week!
- A Sunshiny Dessert For Breakfast. Citrusy lemon oats layered with blueberry chia jam and a cheesecake-flavored cashew cream? SIGN ME UP.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Don't get scared of the *slightly* longer ingredient list for this blueberry lemon overnight oatmeal. If you have 20 minutes to spare, you'll be able to set yourself up for success throughout the week.
- Lemon Overnight Oats - Aside from old-fashioned rolled oats, everything else you need is listed below.
- Blueberries - Feel free to use either fresh or frozen; they'll both be perfect for the chia jam!
- Maple Syrup - Agave nectar and date syrup are perfectly acceptable substitutes.
- Lemon - You'll want fresh citrus here since we need the zest and the juice. Be sure to wash, zest, and then juice.
- Chia Seeds - Chia seeds act as a perfect thickener for the blueberry jam, plus add a nice boost of fiber and protein.
- Raw Cashews - If nuts are off the menu, simply swap in raw sunflower seeds or sesame seeds.
- Dairy-Free Milk - Any kind will do. I typically use unsweetened almond, soy, or oat milk.
- Vanilla Extract - Vanilla gives off serious cheesecake vibes, so don't skip it. Feel free to swap in vanilla powder or paste instead.
How To Make Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Making this recipe for vegan cheesecake overnight oats is the nicest thing you can do for yourself this weekend. Future you is in for a real treat! Here's how it's done:
Step 1: Make Blueberry Jam. Add blueberries to the pan and cook for about 5-10 mins. Mash them with a fork while they are cooking to break them up. Take the blueberries off the heat and stir in maple syrup, lemon juice, and chia seeds. Let stand until cooled.
Make-Ahead Tip: Extra jam will last about 2 weeks in the fridge.
Step 2: Make Cream Cheese Topping. Add all cream cheese ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Extra topping will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Step 3: Make Lemon Overnight Oats. NOTE: This recipe for overnight oats is scalable. If you wish to make multiple jars for meal prep, simply increase the number of servings you wish using the sliding tool on the recipe card for the lemon oats.
Step 4: Assemble. Layer half of the lemon oats, then some blueberry jam, then the rest of the lemon oats and top with some of the cream cheese topping. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours). Top with fresh blueberries when ready to eat, if desired.
While I'm vibing on the bright, sunshiny flavors of these blueberry lemon-flavored vegan cheesecake overnight oats, there's LOTS of room for customization. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Raspberry Almond Cheesecake - Add a ½ teaspoon almond extract to the lemon overnight oats and swap in raspberries for the blueberry chia jam. Layer with the cheesecake cashew cream. Top with some toasted slivered almonds if you like.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake - Use a base of my peanut butter chocolate overnight oats, then layer with the cheesecake cashew cream. Feel free to add your favorite flavor of chia jam for some PB&J-meets-dessert vibes.
- Strawberry (Or ANY Berry) Cheesecake - Swap chopped strawberries (or any berry, for that matter!) for blueberries in the recipe below.
- Key Lime Cheesecake - Use coconut milk for the oats and swap in lime for lemon. If desired, you can also use raw macadamia nuts for the cheesecake cream layer. Instead of jam, use Vegan Vanilla Granola (GF) as your third layer. YUM!
Making these cheesecake overnight oats is a snap, but I have a few words of wisdom for you:
- 8-oz Mason jars are the ideal vessel for portioning out and layering these overnight oatmeal parfaits. They're easy to stack in the fridge and are leak-proof for a happy commute.
- Invest in a high-speed blender ~or~ be prepared to soak your cashews longer. A heavy-duty blender like a Vitamix will make short work of the cashew cheesecake cream in a way less powerful blenders just can't. Don't worry, you can still achieve silky-smooth consistency. Just be sure to soak your cashews for a minimum of 4 hours for the best results.
- If you have leftover jam, it tastes great on toast, breakfast polenta, or on any other sweet breakfasts.
Nope! These vegan cheesecake overnight oats rely on a cheesecake flavored cashew cream that I layer between lemony oats and blueberry chia jam. NOM.
Honestly, the only kind I suggest using are old-fashioned (a.k.a. rolled) oats. If you are gluten-free, I also suggest you get a certified gluten-free brand, as many companies process their oats in facilities that also process wheat.
More Sweet Treats For Breakfast
If you make this recipe and LOVE IT, please give it 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1 Serving Lemon Overnight Oats See notes
Blueberry Jam (makes about ¾ of a cup)
To Make Blueberry Jam
- Add blueberries to pan and cook for about 5-10 mins. Mash them with a fork while they are cooking to break them up.
- Take the blueberries off the heat and stir in maple syrup, lemon juice, and chia seeds.
- Let stand until cooled. Extra jam will last about 2 weeks in the fridge.
To Make Cream Cheese Topping
- Add all cream cheese ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Extra topping will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
To assemble Overnight Oats
- Make Lemon Overnight Oats.
- Layer half of the oats, then some blueberry jam, then the rest of the lemon oats and top with some of the cream cheese topping.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Top with fresh blueberries when ready to eat if desired.
PLEASE NOTE: Nutritional information data is computer generated and only an estimate so it should be used only as a guide.
You might also enjoy...
Like my Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats recipe? It would be so wonderful if you could give it some love by sharing!
Mary Ellen Valverde MS, CNS, LDN is a Licensed Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Specialist who empowers vegans to feel clear and confident about what is uniquely nourishing to them. Mary Ellen's recipes and nutrition information have been featured on Yahoo News, Parade, VegNews, LIVESTRONG, Dr. Axe, Greatist, LIVEKINDLY, Brit+Co, Well+Good, and more.