This Vegetable Bean Casserole is creamy and delicious. Filled with brown rice, broccoli, carrots, and celery, you’ll love this hearty meal.
Casseroles are the perfect comfort food for me. I make them a few times a month when the weather is cooler to warm me up. Actually, I only stop making them once it’s too hot to turn on the oven which isn’t usually until May in my area. When going through my recipes the other day, I realized I have never shared a casserole before. I have some one pot dishes like my Easy Mushroom Risotto and Southwest Quinoa but not an actual casserole.
To remedy that, today I’m sharing my Vegetable Bean Casserole.
Vegetable Bean Casserole
Okay so maybe my Vegetable Bean Casserole doesn’t have the most exciting name. And maybe it doesn’t look as fancy as some of my other recipes but it tastes really good. Creamy and delicious and you’ll get a good serving of vegetables as well as whole grains from the brown rice and protein from the beans.
The topping is optional but I love a little crunch on my casseroles so I added some gluten-free breadcrumbs to top it off. I mean, who doesn’t want bread crumbs on their casserole?
This Vegetable Bean Casserole is creamy and delicious and makes a wonderful comfort meal. Click To Tweet
Yields 4 smaller or 6 larger servings
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped small
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz container vegan cream cheese or 1 cup cashew cream*
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TB tamari or soy sauce
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic and celery to saute pan and cook for 5 mins.
- Add vegetable broth and broccoli, cover and cook for another 10 mins.
- Mix in vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, tamari, and beans.
- Place in oven safe dish and add topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
To make Cashew Cream soak 1/2 cup of cashews in water for a few hours or in boiling water for 10 mins. Discard water and add cashews and 1/2 cup of water to high speed blender till smooth.
You may also enjoy...
Like my Vegetable Bean Casserole recipe? It would be so wonderful if you could give it some love by sharing!